Friday, February 29, 2008
The same night we saw Yoko Ono play at the 9:30 Club in NW DC. As she sang her lengthy piece called Rising we felt like she was just so speaking to us. The next morning we headed for the Poconos. Upon arrival, I locked the keys in the car before we even unloaded our baggage in to our overpriced, wall-paper-pealing-off-the-walls, hot-water-only-works-for-about-a-minute cabin. That night we ate Totinos Pizzas from the restaurant (sic) across the street from the resort (sic again).
Yeah our love is strong!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
1. Since having kids my rate of bathing and grooming has gone to Hell (in a handbasket, no less).
2. I have to lie down to have shots or have blood taken. I'm a fainter.
3. My favorite thing to eat for dinner is breakfast.
4. Related to the last one, my favorite drink to have with pancakes is Pepsi (well, it's Diet Pepsi now).
5. I'm still in love with Hayley Mills. It's ok, she's a celebrity, so she's not real.
6. I've only ever had sex with one person (and no, it's not Hayley Mills).
Tag yer it:
Saturday, February 2, 2008
She's probably only looking dubious because i was taking a picture of her. When she feels it she can eat up the camera, but when she wants to portray a different kind of mood, my daughter can score a look in micro-seconds. I really hope this talent in front of a camera doesn't lead to a career in modelling in years to come.
The birthday party she attended was at a Gymnastic Center and the kids were able to get acquainted with the various features like the trampoline, the obstacle course, balance beams (low to the ground), and a giant rope (for them swung on instead of climbed). And the finale was a short romp in the giant pit of foam. Needless to say it was a blast for all the kids.
Then they had pizza, a Princess Castle pinata full of candy, cake, and all was rounded out by a nice goody bag. The birthday girl, Thalia, just turned 4 and goes to Thea's daycare. Also present were friends Sakeena, Jaela, and Sachi among others.